CREATING AN ACCOUNT & USERNAME and Deleting Account
HOW DO I CREATE A FRANKSOCIAL ACCOUNT?
- Download the FrankSocial app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android)
- Once the app is installed, tap to open the app
- Select Sign Up, then Choose a Username, Password, and enter your email address to create account
HOW DO I CREATE A FRANKSOCIAL ACCOUNT FROM A COMPUTER?
- Go to FrankSocial.com tap Sign-Up
- Select a Username, Password, and enter your email address on the Sign-Up tab
- Make sure you enter your email address correctly. If you log out and forget your password, you'll need to be able to access your email to get back into your FrankSocial account
HOW DO I DELETE MY ACCOUNT ON FRANKSOCIAL?
- Tap MORE on the FrankSocial App
- Delete Account
- When you delete your account your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed.
- Enter your password to delete account and then click the "Delete Account" button
- You cannot reverse this action
WHAT IF I ALREADY HAVE ACCOUNT ON FRANKSPEECH?
- Download the FrankSocial app from your app store
- Choose Sign Up and enter your FrankSpeech username and password to create an account on FrankSocial
MANAGING YOUR PROFILE
HOW DO I ADD A PROFILE PHOTO OR BANNER PHOTO?
- Tap Profile, then tap the gear icon upper right
- Tap EDIT PROFILE
- Tap on the PROFILE PHOTO or BANNER PHOTO to add or change the photo.
- Take a Photo or choose an image from your camera roll
- Tap UPDATE at the bottom of the screen to save and exit
HOW DO I EDIT MY PROFILE?
- Tap Profile, then tap the gear icon upper right
- Here, you can update your username, password, how your Name is displayed (if different than @username)
- Tell everyone about you and add a Bio under ‘About You.’
- Tap UPDATE at the bottom of the screen to save and exit
MANAGE PROFILE WEBSITES
- Enter your website name and full web address
UPDATE INFORMATION – NAME/USERNAME
- You’ll need to log into your account before you can update your profile information.
- To update your profile information, including your name, username and email address associated with your account.
- Go to your profile
- Tap the gear the upper right corner
- Tap edit profile
- Type in your information and tap UPDATE at the bottom of the screen (computer and mobile browser.)
Keep in mind that if your account reaches many people, your username change may need to be reviewed. If so, you'll be notified when we've completed a review. If not, your username will change immediately if available.
- If you're logged out of your account and can't remember your password, you can request to reset it from the login screen.
- If you're able to log into your account and know your current password, you can change it from your Settings:
- Tap Profile icon to go to your Profile
- Tap Change Password
- Enter your new password
- Tap Update
Tip: To create a strong password, use a combination of at least six numbers, letters, and punctuation marks (like ! and %).
MAKE ACCOUNT PRIVATE
By default, your FrankSocial account is public, and you can choose to make your account private at any time.
When your account is Public:
- Anyone on FrankSocial can see your profile and posts.
- When your Account is Private:
- Only the followers you approve can see what you share, including your photos or videos on hashtag and location pages and your followers and following lists
- Once you make your account private, people will send you a follow request to see your posts, followers list, or following list
- Follow requests appear in Notification Activity, where you can approve or ignore them
- If someone was already following you before you set your posts to private and you don't want them to see your posts, you can block them
SHOW BLOCKED LIST
- This will be a list of people you have blocked
- To block a user, go to their Profile; at the top to the right of their Name, you will see a black triangle with ! inside; tap and either BLOCK or REPORT user
POSTING A STORY
HOW DO I CREATE A STORY ON FRANKSOCIAL?
- Tap either "What's on Your Mind" or the bubble with a floating pen to start a post on the app.
- For a Text only post, just start typing in the box "What's on Your Mind."
- You can also Add Photo/Video and select Photo Library, Take a Photo
- If you want to give your Story a Name or Add to a Story you have already posted, tap +Name/Add to Story
- The default view is for Everyone on FrankSocial to see your post; you can change that by tapping on Everyone and selecting from the drop-down menu
WHO CAN ADD PHOTOS to My Story?
- Tap CONTRIBUTORS to select whom you will permit to add photos to your albums.
HOW DO I SHARE MY STORY ON OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS?
- Tap the SHARE icon.
- Share Other Places and select from the menu
HOW CAN I TAG SOMEONE IN ONE OF MY PHOTOS?
- To tag someone in a comment or caption, type their @username. They'll get a notification to view the post.
HOW DO I DELETE A PHOTO OR VIDEO I’VE POSTED ON FRANKSOCIAL?
- To delete a photo or video you've posted, tap the V on the right side above your post to see Story Options, then tap Delete Post.
HOW TO DELETE A COMMENT ON FRANKSOCIAL.
- You can delete both your and other people's comments on your posts. However, you can only delete comments that you've written on other people’s posts.
- Tap on the Comments then on the … for Options to Edit Comment, Delete Comment, or Close
SEARCH AND EXPLORE
You can use keywords to search for photos and videos, hashtags, accounts using the search bar at the top of Search & Explore.
TO SEARCH ON FRANKSOCIAL:
- Tap at the top of the HOME tab.
- Tap Search in the search bar at the top, then type what or who you want to search for (People, Stories, Hashtags)
- Below, the search bar will filter your results
How FrankSocial and Home Feeds Work
FrankSocial is a place where you can share and connect with the people and things that matter to you. When you open FrankSocial, the Frank Feed will include many of our Influencers so that you can immediately enjoy the app.
To create your personalized Feed and connect with the people you care about, search and follow them and their photos and videos will appear in chronological order in your Home Feed.
How do I like a photo or video on FrankSocial?
- Just tap on the "heart" icon below the post and select from the menu of emoticons.
How do I reply to someone in a comment thread on FrankSocial?
- To reply to someone:
- Go to the photo or post
- Tap Reply below any comment and add your comment
- Tap Post
Editing and Deleting a Post
To delete a photo or video that you’ve posted:
- Tap V in the upper right corner of the post then select from the menu
- Edit Post – you can edit your caption
- Delete Post – Deletes the post
- Edit Story Name – Edit or Add a Name to your Story/Post
- Edit Privacy – Who can see your post
- Edit Who Can Add – you can choose followers
How Do I Delete a Comment?
You can delete both your and other people’s comments on your own posts. On other people’s posts, you can only delete comments that you’ve written.
To delete a comment:
- Tap on Comments
- Swipe left over the comment you’d like to delete
- You can swipe left to report a comment that isn’t yours
Sharing to Other Social Networks
You can share content posted on FrankSocial to other social networks.
- Below a Story/Post is the Share Option
- Share To My Story shares a Story to people that follow you
How To Report Things
The best way to report abusive content or spam on FrankSocial is by tapping the V in the upper right corner near the content, which opens Story Options.
- Select Report Post and follow the prompts
To report a USER, tap on their profile and then tap on the … in the upper right which gives you the option to BLOCK or Report a User
To use the Direct Message (DM) feature on FrankSocial, follow these steps:
Starting a New Direct Message:
- Log in to your FrankSocial account and navigate to the Messages tab in the menu bar.
- The new message window will open, displaying any existing conversations. Any new messages will be highlighted with a small dot.
- To initiate a new conversation, click on the "New" button located in the top right corner of the screen. Use the search bar to find the user you want to message by typing their name. If the user appears in the search results, click on their name to select them. If they don't appear, invite them to follow you and request they follow you back.
- Compose your message in the "Write a message" box. Click the send button.
Continuing a Direct Message Conversation:
- Go to the Messages tab and select the chat you wish to continue.
- In the chat window, compose your message in the "Write a message" box at the bottom.
- Click the send button to send your message.
- Note: You can only send direct messages to users who follow you. If a user has blocked you, you won't be able to send them a direct message. Additionally, some users may choose not to receive direct messages from others.
Creating a Group Chat:
- Visit the Messages tab and click on the "New" button in the top right corner.
- Search and select the users you want to include in the group chat.
- After selecting all the users, enter a GROUP NAME, and click the "Save" button.
- Compose your message in the group chat box.
- Click the send button to send your message to all the users in the group chat.
Leaving a Group:
- From the group message, you will see the profile images of the participants. To the right of that, you'll find a gear icon. Tap on the gear icon.
- In the menu that appears, tap on "Leave Group."
- A warning message will appear, informing you that leaving a group will remove the messages from your device, and to rejoin, you'll need to request the admin to add you back. This option is only available in group messages.
Admin - Managing a Group:
- From the group message, tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select "Manage Group" from the menu.
- In the group management settings, you can remove members, add new ones, and change/update the group name.
- Remember to save your changes after making any modifications.
The Direct Message feature on FrankSocial allows for private and secure communication with other users. You can start new conversations, continue existing ones, and create group chats to connect with multiple users at once.
How to Create a Group on FrankSocial:
Creating a group on FrankSocial is a straightforward process that allows you to connect with like-minded individuals. Follow these step-by-step instructions to set up your own group:
- Account Verification:
- Please make sure your user account is verified before trying to establish a group. A magenta check mark next to your username indicates successful verification. To become a verified user, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org “request for verification” along with a photo identification, links to other social media accounts boasting over 500 followers, and your website if applicable.
- Access the GROUP Tab:
- Tap on the GROUP tab located on the app interface.
- Initiate Group Creation:
- To start a new group, tap on the blue circle with a pen icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Complete Group Information:
- Fill out the Create Group screen with the following details:
- Group Name
- Description of your Group
- Select the Category that best fits your Group
- Choose Group Settings (Private or Public)
- Group Visibility Settings:
- If you want your group to be private, enable the option where new members must request to join.
- Optionally, disable search visibility if you want your group to be invite-only.
Profile Image and Banner:
o Add a profile image and banner to personalize your group.
- Group Rules Disclaimer:
- Craft and display group rules for new members to agree upon joining. This can include guidelines like "Be Kind" and "Stay on Topic."
- Create Questions for Screening:
- Prevent bots by creating questions for potential members to answer. This allows you to review answers as the group owner or admin. You can create as many questions as you want, and the person joining the group must answer them before access to the Group page.
- Post Content to Your Group:
- Navigate to the My Groups tab, select the group, and tap on "What’s happening?" to post photos, videos, text only posts or links.
- You can also post to a group directly from your Home Feed by selecting Name/Add To Story then selecting the Group name.
- File Sharing:
- If you're the group owner or admin, upload files by accessing the Gear Icon on your Group Profile Page, selecting Manage Files, and uploading the desired file.
- Invite Members:
- Invite others to join your group by tapping the Share Icon. You can share via text, email, or copy a direct link to your group.
Congratulations! You've successfully created a group on FrankSocial and are ready to build a community around shared interests.
Managing your Group:
Managing a group on FrankSocial requires attention to detail and an understanding of the tools available to you. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to manage your public group effectively:
- Group Settings:
- If your group is public, it means anyone can join without approval. Stay vigilant as you'll receive notifications when new members join.
- If you Group is private, you will receive notifications when a member asks to join, which requires approval – so keep an eye out for these.
- Navigate to the Group MEMBERS tab to view a list of members, the owner, and those with admin privileges.
- Admin Privileges:
- To manage members, tap on the gear icon and access the Members tab.
- Grant admin privileges by selecting a user's name and choosing "Make Admin." This will send a notification to the member notifying them they are a Group Admin.
- Member Options:
- Explore the Member Options to control group dynamics.
- Grant or revoke admin privileges to one or more members.
- Review answers provided by members during the joining process to assess compatibility with group guidelines.
- Remove or block members to maintain a positive and safe environment. Blocking prevents users from rejoining once removed.
4. Admins Tab:
The Admins tab displays a list of users with administrative privileges.
- Requests (#):
- If your group is set to private, the Requests tab will show users seeking approval to join.
- Review the usernames and tap to see their responses. This allows you to make informed decisions about admitting them to the group or not.
- Regularly review group activity and member engagement to ensure a healthy and positive community.
- Communicate with admins to discuss any challenges or decisions regarding group management.
- Encourage open communication within the group, allowing members to report issues or concerns.
Effectively managing your public group on FrankSocial involves staying proactive, setting clear guidelines, and utilizing the available tools. By regularly monitoring member activity, addressing concerns promptly, and fostering a positive community, you can create a welcoming and engaging environment for all group members.